Artificial intelligence (or AI) helps companies make smarter, faster and more informed decisions by collecting and processing data. AI integration in business comes with a number of benefits, such as process automation, error reduction, reduction of time spent with certain activities, intelligent data management, etc.
Are you curious about the benefits of using artificial intelligence in e-commerce? We have prepared an article for you where we discuss these.
Once you understand how artificial intelligence works and identify the problems it can solve, it’s time to start integrating it into your business.
How to get more out of your business with the help of artificial intelligence?
Here are some methods by which you can do this integration, regardless of the field of activity:
1. Use smart algorithms to target the ideal audience
Every company has an “ideal customer” profile. When you target the right customers with relevant messages, you can develop personalized campaigns that have more conversions than general campaigns. Whether it’s social media, email newsletters or PPC (pay-per-click), AI helps display personalized ads to potential customers by creating instant profiles. With the help of AI, you can spend less money to deliver ineffective ads to the public and, in turn, address them directly in a way that attracts their interest.
If your business uses Facebook advertising, you can use your Lookalike audience to find customers with common traits. The tool can help you target similar people with existing customers or site visitors to grow your customer base and increase sales.
2. Use chatbots to help customers
When you own a business, you need to make sure that the customer experience is positive. Only when your customers are satisfied with your services will they return. Chatbots allow you to provide customer service and even sales messages 24/7 to people who visit your website and other channels. Chatbots can be trained not only to provide answers to frequently asked questions. They will learn the different ways in which clients ask related questions. Initially, they will turn frequently asked questions into a script. Also, over time, based on historical data, they can grow to understand customers who might be ready to buy and signal this to the sales team.
A personalized bot can answer general questions and increase customer satisfaction. The bots can be available to customers 24 hours a day, and through machine learning they can answer simple and real-time questions.
Among the advantages of using an AI-based chatbot are non-stop availability, the ability to collect customer data (eg preferences, common problems, etc.), reduced support department costs, and more.
Implementing a chatbot is not a difficult process, but first you have to go through a few steps:
- Identify the problem you want to solve with this type of automation. If you find that the same types of questions appear repeatedly, automating the answers will reduce the time allotted by a technical support representative in this direction, which will allow him to handle other tasks, and, in addition, will reduces waiting times in general.
- Analyze the type of client the chatbot will interact with. Depending on the specifics of each client (B2B, B2C), the approach differs.
- Determine if the business has the resources to implement and maintain a chatbot. Boots need adjustment and adjustment to be truly effective, so it’s important to be realistic if you have the ability to do that. If not, investing in a customized solution will probably be a better fit for your business.
- Clarify your goals for each line of business. After defining the objectives, create a map of them. Highlight the priorities for business and because based on them the ideal chatbot will be built.
- Defines the type of chatbot required. Once you have clarified what your goals are, you need to define your priorities. Bots can perform many actions, such as selling products, customer relations, sharing news, etc., so it is necessary to know what will be more appropriate.
- Plan for the future and work closely with the team that builds and implements the chatbot.
3. Optimize your site for voice search
The volume of voice searches is on the rise, especially among consumers who shop online. Natural language processing technology – a subset of artificial intelligence – in devices such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant makes it easier for consumers to search for information and even buy products with simple voice commands.
According to Oberlo, a growing number of people in the United States are using voice to search. Reports estimate that there are 111.8 million people in the United States using voice search features – an increase of 9.5% over the previous year. Also, about seven in ten consumers (71%) prefer to use voice searches to perform a query on the traditional typing method.
To take advantage of this still emerging AI application, you will not necessarily have to invest in expensive software. Instead, optimize your site to allow voice search. Here are some ways you can do this:
- Get to know your target audience and their needs, and try to understand how to incorporate voice search into your shopping habits.
- Focus on Conversational Keywords. Conversational Keywords are those keywords that are used in regular conversations. The users of your website do not think about what keywords it means. They want to get the answer they need, so you should do your best to optimize your texts so that they can be found, following a voice search. Basically, it keeps the language direct and conversational.
- Create well-documented, compelling content that answers your users’ most frequently asked questions and solves their most common problems.
- Make sure your site is well optimized for mobile. Keep in mind that most voice searches are done from a mobile device, so it’s important that your site works properly. Make sure you have a high loading speed, clear images and correctly framed text on different screen sizes, and a color palette that does not hinder website navigation.
- Stay agile and willing to adapt as the public adapts to this new technology.
Focus on how AI can add value to your business and determine where it is most important to intervene. Then, with the support and experience of a specialist in the field, you can put your ideas to work and create long-term value using artificial intelligence.